Thursday, 16 July 2015

My Travel Cosmetics | Fashion & Beauty

Hello! So I think this will go up while I'm still away, but I wanted to show you guys my travel cosmetics! I'm spending a week in Ireland to visit friends, and also attending the premiere of the short film I worked on last year. Woo! As I'm only going for a week, I'm only taking a carry on bag (LOL) so needed to seriously streamline my makeup and toiletries to make room for clothes!

The toiletry bag is from Primark, but find something similar here and here. This is super handy to section out all of your items and keep them secure. 


 Keeping my make up choices nice and simple - a good base with that primer and tinted moisturizer, and I need to talk about that foundation that I debuted in my elf haul. It's four shades meant to be blended together to find your perfect shade. I've been using it as a powder contour kit - three of the shades are darker than my skin so I can use them as my contour (using different shades depending on how dark I want to go) and the lightest shade as a setting powder. I was debating whether or not to bring a full coverage foundation, and eventually caved in to packing my old faithful, YSL Touche Eclait Foundation in BD60.

I've also grown accustomed to this Rimmel concealer, it's pretty heavy but if you give it a bit of a warm up between your fingers and work it in well, it blends well. Chucking in an all-purpose highlighter and the nail polish I've been obsessed with, we finish up with the lip stuff.
I thought I'd go for a good mix - the Baby Lips for lounging, a coral for a simple look, nude gloss to jazz up the coral and a bold lip. That Mac lippy is a lot more orange than it looks on camera, which sounds like a criticism but trust me it's glorious. 


1. Bobbi Brown Powder Brush 2. Eyeshadow shading brush (similar here) 3. elf Stipple Brush 4. elf  Studio Blush in Mellow Mauve 5. Collection Super Size Mascara (similar here) 6. Models Prefer Neutrals Eyeshadow Palette (similar here and here) 7. BECCA shimmer eyeshadow (similar shades here) 8. Makeup Revolution Arch and Shape Brow Pencil in Medium 9. Mascara Spoolie for Brows 10. Collection Fast Stroke Liquid Eyeliner in Black

Rounding out the make up bits with a couple all-purpose brushes. I actually took out my foundation brush (which is from elf) that you can see in the image above this one, because I had decided not to take foundation, then quickly re-assessed this and shoved it back in after I took this photograph. 

I'm only taking one blusher, which I'll probably regret, but it's a safe pink shade that'll just add a hint of colour. Eyes wise, I'm going with this super old Models Prefer palette and a Becca shadow that I can't seem to find anywhere, but is my favourite - so sad I've just hit pan on it! A quick word on that Makeup Revolution brow pencil - I'm feelin' it. A dupe of a dupe (Anastasia Brow Wiz via Soap and Glory Archery Brow Pencil) it's £3.50 and does the trick.


1. Face Cloth from Primark, similar here 2. Dove Spray deodorant Original 3. Boots Hair Ponybands 4, Cotton Pads 5. Blistex Moisture Max (similar here) 6. Q-Tips 7. Homemade face/body oil 8. Homemade body spray 9. Immunaid 10. Eyedrops (similar) 11. Crystal 1 Day Contacts
(Not pictured - toothbrush!)
Keeping my toiletries to a minimum here. I'm staying with a friend for the week so don't need to bring shower gel, shampoo etc which is brilliant. I think I've mentioned before I make a lot of my own facial products (I actually don't use anything on my face anymore that I haven't made myself. This oil is a blend of almond, jojoba and avocado, with orange, bergamot and petitgrain. I usually use a separate cleansing oil and facial oil, but for ease and thanks for it being all natural, I can triple this up as cleanser/facial oil/body oil. I also tried my hand at making my own refreshing body spray (same combination of scents as the oil) and it's pretty nice! Let me know if you want a tutorial on how to make your own body and face products! I mentioned in a previous post I would be trying out a product called Immunaid by brand Bimuno, so I'm packing this with me to make sure I stay on top of it.

Philosophy Fragrance in Falling in Love (similar)
I forgot to chuck in the fragrance I'd be taking. I've been using Illamasqua's Freak for some time, but the bottle is a little awkward and this trip is all about streamlining, so I chucked in a handy sized perfume (which doesn't seem to be available any more which is a shame!)

It may sound odd, but I like to pack all my liquid's into my toiletry bag, then take them back out to put them in the clear bag so I know they'll all fit. Especially since I'm taking a carry-on suitcase, I want to put the liquids in my handbag to go through security, then pack it back into my toiletry bag once I've gone through security. Is that odd? Maybe.

What are your travel cosmetic must haves? 

Drea xo

Where to Find Me!

Twitter | Instagram


Follow

21 comments:

  1. I need a handy bag like that! Looks like you've packed loads in. I'm gonna be honest and say I'll probably go out and buy new stuff to go away with… like a cheap eyebrow product and a decent tinted moisturiser! xx

    Hannah x hannatalks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great picks and I love the toiletry bag, so pretty!
    I love buying travel miniatures to go on holiday, my favourites are Umberto Gianni and Soap & Glory!
    Have an amazing weekend :)
    Rosanna x
    Rose’s Rooftop

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore the fragrance, so pretty. And I need to try that concealer!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  4. A carry on for a whole week! I would struggle haha, you have packed your make up so well! Have a great time!

    Danielle's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the bag and you can fit loads in! xx
    Glossy Boutique

    ReplyDelete
  6. fantastic post my dear, great products!! :D xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. i'm loving that make up storage bag! looks very spacious x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always take 2/3 concealers, my dark circles are bad! I must try the rimmel one and use the trick you mentioned! I really want to try Elf products more, too bad they dont sell them here :/

    Pam xo/ Pam Scalfi♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like you have got your travel bag sorted! Thank you for sharing your dupe of a dupe eyebrow pencil...will definitely bear the MUR one in mind when my S&G one runs out :) xx

    Brenda BusyBee | Win a Travalo Perfume Atomiser

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice kit! I use most of those products too :)

    STYLE VANITY

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi beautiful, how you are super organized, I like you already! Great make items as well. Have a happy week.
    Glamoury Armory Blog 

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great travel essentials :)
    Never tried elf, but sounds nice.
    Lip balm is a must :)

    The Bandwagon Chic | Instagram | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are far more organised than me! I throw it all into one big bag. May have to invest in a make up bag with the separate pockets, and some of these gorgeous products.

    Jenn | Jennifer Jayne

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great selection, perfect for travelling! Those babylips are awesome, aren't they? Also congratulations on your film premiere, that is amazing!! :) xx

    www.tongue-in-chic.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great post, dear !
    xoxo,

    atwednesdaysiwearpink.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Loving the post! I love travel miniature, they are so cute :-)

    ♥ Selina | Selinas Inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great post! I love seeing what everyone brings when they travel. I love putting all my toiletries in ziploc bags!

    lifeisashoe

    ReplyDelete