Tuesday, 7 July 2015

My ClassPass Experience #HealthyWeek | Home & Health

classpass london
Hello! So for the past while I've been doing #HealthyWeek on my blog (this has of course been longer than a week but we get the idea). I chatted a bit about digestive health and shared my healthy granola recipe and today I'm talking about my experience with ClassPass!

classpass uk
(Photo via classpass.com)
So if you've never heard of it, ClassPass is a gym class membership scheme that allows you attend cool classes all over London. This isn't sponsored, they happened to be offering a two-week trial and a couple friends and I signed up to give it a go. There are so many gyms that are part of this scheme it was hard to pick which ones to go to! Gyms like 1Rebel, Boom Cycle, Hot Pod Yoga, Bikram Yoga London and tons more are signed up to the scheme, so you get a chance to try out really awesome gyms and classes that you wouldn't normally go to. 

I'm gonna talk you through a couple of the ones I went to, and let you know whether I think it's worth it!

1rebel
(photo via 1rebel.co.uk)
 Wow! This gym is incredible! So sleek and luxurious, you get handed a towel and water upon entry and directed down to the fitting rooms which are beautiful - a fridge full of cool towels and dressing stations complete with GHD's, blow dryers and cosmetics.
1rebel
The class itself I did was Reshape, which was INTENSE - sets of treadmill and weights over 45 minutes. I was totally dead afterwards, but it felt amazing! The walls are covered with chalk of people writing down how many times they've been - totally encouraging!
1rebel

1rebel

ecole de pole
This was a super fun pole dancing class in Camden. The class sizes are small, and we had a really lovely instructor. I would only suggest doing this if you're going to be able to go ever week as the classes are usually part of a course - so you're learning new moves every week. 
Blues Kitchen Shoreditch
What do you do after an amazing work out session? Run to The Blues Kitchen and fried chicken and sweet potato fries of course!

Bikram Yoga London & Essex
I didn't get a chance to take any photographs here but these were definitely my favourite! Bikram Yoga is incredibly intense, and for someone like me who has really bad flexibility it can sometimes feel impossible, but afterwards you feel incredible. Luckily Bikram Essex is really close to me so it was super convenient.

Pros of ClassPass

 - The variety
- Trying out cool gyms
- Helps beat gym boredom!

Cons

- Pretty expensive at £80 per month
- Cancellation policy - if you cancel a class less than 12 hours before the class you're charged
- If you cancel your membership it's a £70 re-activation fee which is crazy!]
- Only available in major cities

Verdict

I would recommend ClassPass - especially if you get a free trial. Would I pay £80 a month? Probably, but I had to cancel mine as I'm going away for a week so it wasn't really practical right now. I do wish I could start it up again when I'm back from holiday, but that re-activation fee does not sound like fun at all! Definitely give it a go if you get a free trial as it was a super fun experience - and the good thing to come out of it is trying out Bikram, which I think I'll sign up to when I get back!

Have you guys tried out ClassPass or any of the classes I mentioned?

Drea xo

Where to Find Me!

Twitter | Instagram


Follow

6 comments:

  1. That's such good value for the classes. I've paid £20 for Rebel, Frame and Boom in the past. Wish I still lived in London. You should do the sunday UrbanTri at Yotopia in Covent Garden (yoga, run and boom cycle) - it's sick. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'v been really wanting to try classpass, I'm going to have a look and see if i can find a free trial offer, it sounds amazing. Bikram Yoga has been on my to try list for ages! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to have a class like this to go to but £80 a month is really expensive!!! i'm desperately trying to get into shape and I am looking for something fun where I can feel worked out without getting bored! I may look and see if they have a free trial near me, thanks for the recommendation! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great post I never knew about Classpass, thanks for sharing the pictures and experience such a refreshing and nice post.

    Sam || Beautydetour

    ReplyDelete
  5. i could use more healthy weeks! lovely post. (:

    ❀ xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. cheap ugg boots sale online,only need 59.8$ and free shipping to your hand, don't miss it http://www.classicugg.org
    UGG Bailey Button 5803 Boot Chocolate
    UGG Bailey Button 5803 Boot Grey

    ReplyDelete