Sunday, 7 December 2014

Book Salon with LibertyLondonGirl and Kate Spade | Books, Music & Culture

LibertyLondonGirl Kate Spade Cookery Salon
Hello! As I mentioned in My Week roundup, a few weeks ago I had the pleasure of attending a very special event - The Cookery Book Salon with Sasha Wilkins aka LibertyLondonGirl at Kate Spade, to celebrate the release of her new recipe book, Friends, Food, Family.  

LibertyLondonGirl Kate Spade Cookery Salon

LibertyLondonGirl Kate Spade Cookery Salon

LibertyLondonGirl Kate Spade Cookery Salon
It was a cool and crisp November evening, and we were ushering inside the Kate Spade flagship in Covent Garden, stashed away along a small side street. We were met with champagne, cocktails and delicious canapes, all recipes coming from Sasha's book. 

LibertyLondonGirl Kate Spade Cookery Salon

LibertyLondonGirl Kate Spade Cookery Salon

LibertyLondonGirl Kate Spade Cookery Salon

LibertyLondonGirl Kate Spade Cookery Salon
We were left to roam the store, taking in all the gorgeous pieces from Kate Spade, and gently reminded by the wonderful staff that we had 20% off any purchases that evening. There were some stunning pieces - watches, bags, purses and of course the much coveted Kate Spade phone cases. After some time we were ushered downstairs for the main event.

LibertyLondonGirl Kate Spade Cookery Salon

LibertyLondonGirl Kate Spade Cookery Salon

LibertyLondonGirl Kate Spade Cookery Salon
Sasha, looking gorgeous in a Kate Spade dress, talked us through some of her favourite cookery books, from Delia to Charles Phan (complete list here) before opening up to the audience to share their favourites. I shared with the group one of my favourite cookbooks, Thai Cookery Secrets by Kris Dhillon, which I picked up for 50p at a jumble sale.

Friends, Food Family by Sasha Wilkins

Friends, Food Family by Sasha Wilkins
Once I got home, still woozy from the cocktails, it was straight to bed to flick through the book of the hour (which Sasha was kind enough to sign). This has already shot to somewhere near the top of my favourite cookery books list. Full of anecdotes and stories, it's more than just a recipe book - it really brings the joy out of cooking, and the pleasure of sharing your favourite recipes with others! 

I can't wait to make something from this, I have my eye on the mozzarella fried gnocchi for starters!

Have you picked up Sasha's book yet? What are some of your favourite cook books/recipes?  

Drea xo

Where to Find Me!

Twitter | Instagram


Follow

7 comments:

  1. It looks like a lot of fun! I love the word woozy too! Although I love the feeling of being woozy more haha. I love Spanish food so I always go for Spanish or Mexican recipes :) Enjoy the rest of your weekend

    Hayley
    www.hayleyeszti.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog
    Please check mine --> My lips are Poison
    Hope you can have a look at my blog. If you wanna follow each other, comment in my blog when done.

    xx
    Ly♡

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want those shoes lol

    love your blog



    check out todays blogmas
    xx
    Tyana
    theluxedition.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely event! Covent Garden is so exciting, I love it there. Every time I go there's a string quartet, it makes me so happy! The book sounds great, much more than just a cookery book! I must have a look at it.
    Those phone cases are amazing, I want one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great event, love the pics
    http://oneusefashion.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those sparkly shoes! Love them.

    http://arnellavanilla.com

    ReplyDelete