Wednesday, 31 December 2014

2014 Wrap Up - A Year in Pictures


Hello! Whew what a year 2014 has been! For me it's been a pretty good year, and by pretty good I mean a really fucking good'un and after a couple rough ones I can truly say I'm ringing in the new year happy, positive and looking forward to 2015.
So from marriages to career changes, seeing idols and old friends here's to you 2014! Pictures after the jump.




FAMILY
So the highlight of the year was my sister Fay getting married in a Chateau in rural France. She's lived in Australia for more than 10 years so I don't get to see her a lot so it was absolutely incredible to be able to spend time with her and her husband's family in the most magical place. 

Fay & Myles Du Chateau. Champagne, France. August.
My other sister, I  and my mum.


Rowdy Aussie lads.

WORK
Ma Filezzz
What a whirlwind year workwise! Early this year I took the plunge and quite my day job in retail to start working freelance in film production. I am enternally grateful to be able to do what I studied and truly love (even though I may groan at the 5am starts, 16 hour days and 6 day weeks!)

Corporate shoot for Kodak. December
being interviewed for a show about people who work in media/film. November,
A music video shoot I produced for singer Ernie Jackson. May.
Before being filmed for a film panel. June.
My favourite place on the world - production manager on a shoot in Galway, Ireland. September.
Pop up office, anywhere.
Cast and Crew of feature I production co-ordinated. July.
Music video shoot at RANKIN studios. April.
At the premiere of the feature film I produced. November.
Yay!

FUN

My sister and I. Look at my cry face.                           The Man of the Moment. July.  

So this year was the year I saw two of my idols: Eminem and Peter Fonda (I'm an eclectic kinda person, okay?) What's crazy is they were within a week of each other. I cried the whole way through the Eminem gig. No shame y'all. 

In Conversation with Peter Fonda, BFI. July. Cried after this too.
At a talk at BAFTA with a panel include Amma Asante. August.
In Galway, Ireland sitting by the water. September.
FRIENDS
Seconds before we stuffed our faces. Tru story.
The best thing about when I worked in retail was the lovely people I met in the two years I was there who I still see as much as possible! It was also amazing to go back to Galway, Ireland this year for a film I was shooting - I lived there for a year a couple of years back so it was so nice seeing all my friends again!
With my Salerno galzzz, Galway. September.
My Galway leaving party, sad times! October.
 And that about sums up my 2014! What are you guys looking forward to in 2015?

Drea xo

Where to Find Me!

Twitter | Instagram


Follow

5 comments:

  1. It looks like you had an absolutely fab year! I'm pleased for you that you bit the bullet and got work in what you studied and you're loving it! Some day I hope that I will have a similar job to you and be loving it on set!
    Sam xx
    Knockoutcouture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you've had an amazing year! Hope 2015 is just as great for you! :)

    Renee
    www.losetheroad.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing year! Your sister's wedding looked beautiful and her dress is amazing! Your job also sounds amazing - wish you the best of luck this year :) xx

    Magpie Jasmine || Palette Giveaway: Urban Decay, Nars, Charlotte Tilbury, Too Faced

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks like you had a good year, happy 2015!

    xx danielle // shades of danielle // bloglovin

    ReplyDelete