Monday, 27 October 2014

My Week | Film & Producing

Hello!

So I had a pretty busy week last week so I thought I would do a post walking you through my typical week, well this would be a typical week when I'm not on a shoot - when I'm in development stage, taking meetings, and doing other bits and bobs (the biggest difference between I actually have time to cook!) Apologies for the dodgy pictures, I wasn't taking my camera out with me on most days and I usually only had 30 seconds to try and take a quick snap!

Friday 17th
Had a meeting/brainstorming session at the Ace Hotel, Shoreditch with a director I work with. This is a really good place for meetings, though can get pretty busy at times so grab a seat early! It is also a little like an Apple showroom - I have never seen so many MacBook Pro's in my life! (Jeans from New Look)

Friday night's dinner. I'm obsessed with salmon, if I could eat it three times a day I would: smoked salmon scrambled eggs for breakfast, salmon salad for lunch and a big fat salmon fillet for dinner - heaven!

Saturday 18th
Pretty chilled out day today spent tidying and reorganising my room. As you can tell from my last blog post I'm a book addict and currently have two bookshelves in my room (thinking of doing a book shelf tour..?) and I'm always re-ordering them - top shelf is dedicated to the Kay Scarpetta series from one of my favourite authors, Patricia Cornwell.


Sunday 19th
Tried out a new pancake recipe and they turned out pretty awesomely light and fluffy! Definitely gonna try and do some recipe posts because as you can see, I love to cook! Later on Sunday I had a meeting with a really great young female director who I'm planning on working with.

Working on budgets on a Sunday night - aww yeah! And I'm clearly very serious about hydration. 

Monday 20th
Today I had a couple meetings - one a very exciting one at the cinema where the film I'm a producer on is being premiered in November (find out more here). Tried to take a quick cinema selfie but alas the lighting was not on my side (Jeans and boots-New Look, T shirt-Primark, cardigan-H&M, sunglasses-freebie with Tatler magazine!)


Tuesday 21st
Another day another meeting. This one was in Soho where a lot of film stuff happens - so eloquently put. (Nail polish-Barry M Raspberry, Ring-Primark, Notebook-Tiger)


After my meeting I met a director friend for dinner at Mele e Pere, a lovely Italian restaurant in Soho. I obviously scoffed the lot before I remembered I should have taken a photograph. But instead I do have a classy toilet selfie. (Dress, bag, scarf-Primark, Boots-New Look)

Weds 22nd
Today was a quieter day working from home. I was meant to go to a film event in the evening but the day before I got caught in the random freak hurricane so was feeling ever so slightly under the weather. So instead I baked a peach cobbler, had a raspberry Crabbies and caught up on Homeland.

Thursday 23rd
Thursday I went to a film screening in Soho for a super cool young director who made a really cool short that was partly in English, partly in Portuguese. There was also a free bar which, ya know, is always welcomed. (Lipstick-e.l.f Matte lip colour in Rich Red)

Friday 24th
Had a meeting today in my house which was pretty cool - the cool part being no public transport of course. Worked on a project I'm trying to develop with another producer so lots of figures and budgets! Dinner was a turkey loin wrapped in bacon, sweet potato mash and veg. And wine. Always wine. 

Saturday 25th
Another pretty chilled one on Saturday - lie in, fry up, and went for the crispest autumnal walk. The evening was spent watching  X Factor which I haven't done for years but for some reason it's becoming my Saturday ritual. That and snacks and nail painting. (Polish-e.l.f in shade desert haze)

Sunday 26th
Sunday I got my head shots done, and I hate having my picture taken so it was pretty excruciating! well let me quantify that, I don't mind posing for casj pictures where I'm smiling with friends or what have you, but as soon as I hear the words "hey just relax and be natural" I turn into the wooden man. We had a super awesome photographer though so I can't wait to see them when they're ready! 

That pretty much rounds up my week! What did you guys get up to this week? I love being nosy at getting a look at what other people's daily lives look like to fill me in!

Drea xo


18 comments:

  1. great photos gorgeous girl xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salmon is a pretty recent new discovery for me too - I love it with a touch of hot sauce/balsamic glaze before popping it in the oven!

    Milly // Mini Adventures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love salmon with balsamic glaze - and with teryaki sauce too!

      Delete
  3. What a cool interesting life you have, being a film producer must be awesome. Also those pancakes look really good, I've been meaning to make some.

    onacruz blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll post up the recipe for the pancakes!

      Delete
  4. It's so cool that you're on your grind when it comes to film! I see all them meetings girl! I've been debating whether or not to get headshots done lol but I suffer from a similar camera shy fate where the word "natural" can't seem to find its way to my state of being

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I would definitely recommend getting some headshots done - they're worth it for the hour of awkwardness!

      Delete
  5. Gosh, it looks like you get super busy. So good to see what's involved in your job!

    Sarah Betty xx
    http://sarahbetty.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Omgosh, that breakfast looks sooo good! <3

    Tara x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a really good week! A lot of projects you're getting stuck into, they sound very exciting too!

    Yasmeen xx
    The Mirror Affects

    ReplyDelete
  8. nice post :)

    xx
    beauthi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Seems a pretty eventful, yet productive week! I hope the film works out well and the week ahead is a good one! <3
    xoxo,

    BerryBloomXO.com | Beauty & Lifestyle Blog 

    ReplyDelete
  10. What!? Can you please, please, please make me breakfast and ship it to Germany? :D

    Tee | Rotten One

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'd also eat Salmon every day if I could!

    I hope you drank that ginger beer. If not, sent it to me.

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Literally have just found your blog! You have such a cool job! Producing is one of the side jobs that I am thinking of doing when I finish my A-levels! What would be your ideal producing job? I'd love to make a book into a film because I think that will be really interesting and fun!
    Holly x

    Inky Quill and Paper

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's so cool to get a glimpse of your life! The fact that your industry is film & production is so cool!
    www.chroniclesoftheseers.com

    ReplyDelete