Thursday, 30 October 2014

Five Autumn Nails | Fashion & Beauty


 Hello! So as almost every beauty blogger/vlogger/lover has been doing, I've been experimenting with different polishes that are perfect for autumn! I thought I'd do a little post to show different ways I've been wearing the more traditional autumnal colours, and a few others ways to spice up your fall nail look.



 1. The Classic.  
Rimmel Lasting Finish in 193 Black Cherries
Nothing screams cozy-by-the-fire-sipping-chai-lattes more than the deep cherry red. A super sultry and decadent colour, that at first appears black but when it catches the light throws off the most beautiful deep bruised red.

 2. The Functional. 
Rimmel 60 Seconds in 803 Man Overboard
There's nothing more wearable than a gorgeous slate grey. As the name of the colour suggests, this is the kind of grey only found in the depths of the highest, windiest seas, conjuring images of stormy weather and.., pirates? In any case, this colour just screams autumn/winter, but also benefits from being a shade that matching with virtually any wardrobe. 

3. The neutral.
elf polish in Desert Haze
Sometimes, you need a little neutral in your life. Yes, even in the burnt orange, oxblood, magenta haze that is autumn, Imagine: trench coat, dark blue jeans, heeled boots, claret red scarf, windswept hair and gorgeously neutral nails. Need I say more?

4. The sexy.
Barry M Nail paint in 273 raspberry
What is an autumn nail edit without a sexy red? Well maybe I'm cheating, this is more of a berry, with distinctly deep pink hues, but hey it's still sexy amiright? I do love a classic red, but there's something playful about a berry polish that mixes up the sultry tones we usually see around this time of year.

 5. The Wild Card.
Revlon Top Speed in 730 Royal
Woah. I know. Can you say in your face or what? This is such a bold and rich colour, kind of reminds me of primary school poster paint - such a true blue. I love this, though. It's so different and eye catching, this is perfectly matched with a neutral or monochrome wardrobe.


Mix it up...



I decided to add a coat of this elf Matte Finisher polish over top to show how these polishes looked toned down. I love this matte top coat - when I first bought it I was obsessed with putting on top of everything! I especially love it over that neutral shade, and if you wanted to tone down that electric blue this would be perfect!

What are you favourite autumn shades and polishes? I'm always on the look out for more!

Drea xo


23 comments:

  1. This colors are so pretty for the fall season!! my go to fall shades definitely have to be dark blues and purples! :)
    http://itshalo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love the Barry M polish :) I've just done an Autumn Loves post featuring some Autumnal shades :)

    New follower here :) please check out my blog?

    www.emilyroseperrin.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barry M's Raspberry is one of my all time favourite nail polishes, it's so pretty xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely nail colors! The raspberry is beautiful

    Made in Mauve

    ReplyDelete
  5. really nice colors, love the matte effect! your job looks so interesting :)
    http://eighteen-cool.blogspot.ch

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wicked colours. Would love it if you could check out my autumn look book! And maybe follow each other too?

    Kisses xo | From Aliona With Love

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post. I really like the red one. I wondered if you would like to follow each other. Let me know on my blog. That would be really awesome! :)

    a-fashionable-rendezvous.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely color
    http://prettylittleoutfits.com/2014/10/27/she-inside-vetements-pas-cher/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely colours :) I love your blog and I have followed you with Bloglovin, if you ever get a chance to check out my blog I would be delighted, thanks!

    www.cococami.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the colour of Desert Haze!! xo
    www.chroniclesoftheseers.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been loving a Barry M one similar to the one you posted that is a matte finish. Very autumnal!

    - Aisling
    http://aisybee.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I’m defiantly in need of some new polish! Love the dark blue!

    www.britishbeautyaddict.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Elf nail polishes have some gorgeous colours, when they've got free delivery on I'll have to make a cheeky order! x

    Beauty Soup || UK Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  14. Barry M Raspberry is one of my faves! It's so pretty xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I totally was going to paint my nails that nude color! I went for a more purple. It looks great on you. Very inspiring.

    Christina
    cityloveee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the formula of the Rimmel 60 seconds nail polishes. I especially like the Rita Ora collection, I have a baby blue, a mint and a very chic nude one.

    Alexandra
    Glam O’Clock | Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have raspberry and it is such a staple for me! For autumn though I'm really loving all of China Glaze's Hunger Games collection :)

    Heather x
    http://heatherrrrm.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  18. black cherries is one of my favourite shades... I must have a similar shade to this by so many brands ha! perfect for a/w though :) xx

    www.chanellejade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. That Revlon nail polish is such a nice shade!!

    Elma x || PetalGrrl

    ReplyDelete