Tuesday, 29 May 2012

Inspiration: Moonrise Kingdom

Hey guys!
Wowza, that was quite a hiatus! I'm back from Ireland, got a month off before I jet off to Hong Kong then start my new job in VICTORIA'S SECRET BOND STREET! Aah I can't tell you how excited I am! Anyways, I've got a month of lazing around so I'm full-timing on the blogging front! Well, apart from the foolishness that is not being able to find my camera lead and therefore not being able to upload my Blogger's Boutique post! Grrr. In the meantime, head over the gorgeous Lucy's blog, LULUTRIXABELLE, who I went to the event with, she's got loads of great photographs!

I thought I'd do a post inspired by the amazingness that is Moonrise Kingdom.

Moonrise Kingdom, 2012, Wes Anderson.
Starring Kara Hayward, Jared Gilman, Edward Norton, Bruce Willis, Frances McDormand, Tilda Swinton, Bill Murray and Jason Schwartzman.

Moonrise is the latest outing from indie-quirky filmmaker Wes Anderson (The Royal Tenenbaums, The Darjeeling Limited, Fantastic Mr Fox). Full of whimsy and wonder, it centres around two 12 year olds who run away together on the tiny island of Penzance.
There are some truly wonderful performances. Introducing both Hayward and Gilman, their understated and natural performances only add to the humour and intrigue of this little film. Norton is just delightful as Boy Scout Master Ward and disfuntional couple Frances McDormand and Bill Murray are compelling and hilarous viewing. Oh, and Bruce Willis does a bang up job as Police Captain Sharp.

What really struck me about the film was it's gorrrgeous cinematography, lighting and costume. Wonderful 60's outfits and quirky little costumes (including a rather snazzy looking raven) make for a real feast for the eyes. It got me thinking about all the other inspirations this films draws in relation to fashion, so I put together a little scrapbook of inspiration.

























Last two images courtesy of thestylerookie.com

Playlist
Fleetwood Mac - Monday Morning
Bikini Kill - Rebel Girl
The Breeders - Do You Love Me Now?
Carol King - So Far Away
Hole - Miss World
Gillian Hills - Zou Bisou Bisou
James Taylor - Something In The Way She Moves

Drea xoxo

7 comments:

  1. I really want to go and see this film! Love all the inspiration pics you've compiled :) Ah how exciting, so many holidays! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog and I must say I'm glad I did, I love your style it's ace. I agree Moonrise Kingdom is great, I think this post is ace :)

    Frankie X

    www.eventhoughimskint.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those topshop loafers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm I wonder if that will make it here.

    I'm green with envy - Ireland must have been amazing & I love Hong Kong.
    Exciting times ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  5. such nice inspiration, your blog is just lovely by the ways, keep up the good work, ill be visiting again very soon hehe :)

    LAST DAY TO ENTER MY DIAMOND PETAL JEWERLY GIVEAWAY!
    (open to all)
    http://haveapeekinsidemywardrobe.blogspot.co.uk/
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. ★ (・∀・)

    love pictures on your blog :) very nice layout. clean and charming. love your blog.
    i am following you, would you like to follow me back? -:)

    my blog (≧∀≦) σ : http://www.christianyuen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great selection of picturess Love them!

    I would appreciate if you could take the time to visit my blog. www.www.stylesfrillsandheels.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete