Thursday, 16 February 2012

Inspirations: Boardwalk Empire













 













I'm a HBO addict. I make no bones about it. Oz, The Sopranos, The Wire. Hell, even Sex and the City. I started watching Boardwalk Empire about a week ago and I'm hooked, as I knew I'd be. Not only is the script wonderful, the cast and producers are some of TV's most prolific players (including Steve Buscemi - the love of my life, Terrence Winter - writer and producer of The Sopranos, and Mark Wahlberg as producer, who seems to have his finger in ever TV pie).
What struck me straight away was the beautiful lighting, cinematography and costume. The style and attention to detail is impeccable. Set during the 1920's and 30's during the prohibition era, the men and women pay such close attention to not only their clothes but to their accessories. Bow ties and pocket squares on the gentlemen, and hats, gloves, furs and pins on the ladies.
Gorgeous hand beading, sumptuous feathers and fine furs galore. I could watch it for the glorious fashions alone.

**Fashions favourites**
 Nucky Thompson (Steve Buscemi) for his pocket carnations, checked coloured suits, and perfectly slicked hair.
Lucy Danziger (Paz La Huerta) for her sultry outfits of slinky silks, sexy stockings, all wrapped up in fur.






What do you guys think? Have you watched Boardwalk Empire?
And what can you recommend for my next TV show?!

Drea xoxo

21 comments:

  1. i love boardwalk empire. seen both seasons now and its amazing. HBO arguably produce the best shows! - lola x

    ReplyDelete
  2. i haven't ever seen this but after reading this i just might!
    i love american shows , so i would reccomend gossip girl , 90210 , the vampire diaries & pretty little liars if you dont already watch them!
    the acting in PLL is mediocre to put it lightly but once you get into it you're hooked haha!
    mantenso xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never seen this show either but now I really want to.
    The wardrobe alone looks incredible.

    I've always been a big fan of Dexter & Californication but my all time favourite is Black Books!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Drea! Your blog is so cute!! I loved this post. I really like 20's. Kisses!!

    http//vintageiz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never seen it. I think in French it doesn't pass yet on the TV :/ But if Megavideo has not cancelled, I would have seen it on internet ! ^^

    ( I'm sorry, I know my english is not perfect :S )

    See you soon !

    ReplyDelete
  6. great clothing inspiration ! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my god , I have to watch it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post dear!

    http://www.hsquaredfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need to start watching this!

    http://giaa-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Not yet! Hmmm.. may need to plug that tv in afterall ;)
    Beautiful blog xxx

    ENTER OUR $200 STORE GIVEAWAY HERE "♥
    ***Drawn in only 3 days*** xxx

    BLOG: shantikdesigns@blogspot.com
    STORE: www.facebook.com/vintagejunkyard

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great inspiration! I want to watch this now xx
    Ella @ Belle Vintage

    ReplyDelete
  12. GOOD MORNING CUTE GIRL!!!
    ❤ I LOVE YOUR BLOG ❤
    AND THIS POST IS SO INTERESTING!!!!

    If you like my blog too,WE COULD FOLLOW EACH OTHER!!! ;) ;)
    I'LL WAIT YOUR ANSWER ON MY BLOG...TELL ME IF YOU LIKE MY BLOG AND IF YOU WANT TO FOLLOW IT!!! :) :) THEN I'LL FOLLOW YOU BACK... ;) ;)

    http://www.thechicetoile.com/

    XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for you comment doll :) i think you forgot to click the follow bottom.. xx

    http://lolitasfashionideas.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. I found your blog by chance, while peeking others and I decided to check it out! I’m glad I did it, because I am really delighted with yours. It's beautiful, well structured, interesting, sweet amazing [probably your own qualities right?] and it has completely got me hooked, so I'm your new follower now... i think we're going to get along just fine! ;)
    I'd like to invite you to follow mine as well. I’d be very pleased.
    I wish you lots of success and will surely come back often
    kisses
    www.librosquevoyleyendo.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful inspiration! Great post!

    Kisses!
    Ana

    ReplyDelete
  16. the costumes are really adorable *_*
    love them :)

    xoxo

    http://www.flirting-with-fashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am loving all these costumes, although I have not seen the film. I'm addicted to Bravo's Real Housewives (of every city). You should get into it if you haven't already!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yes, but I'm behind on the second season. I love the The Sopranos cast shows up now and then. I like the tee with the wild horses btw. Thanks for posting and feel free to drop by me too when you have time.

    ReplyDelete
  19. love the show!

    annabeeeh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete