Sunday, 29 January 2012

Outfit Post: Ain't it a Shame.





*Dress-£30-Topshop*Cardigan-£10-Primark*Leopard print fur gilet-£15-Forever 21 sale*Faux sheep skin and leather bag-£25-Oli and Nic sale*Grey tights and cream socks-Primark*

*Lipstick- a mix of Illamasqua's "Encounter" and Kate Moss for Rimmel, shade 4*

Howdy troops, weekend been good? Today I went to the cinema (which I intend to become my Sunday ritual)  but more on that story later. Oh and excuse my leopard print slippers - I took these photographs when I got home and got into them straight away!
I'm actually in love with this gilet. Never saw myself as a gilet girl, but stranger things have happened. And this is like my go-to day dress, it comes with a brown skinny belt and I adore peter pan collars - this one is white lace.
The bag was reduced from £60 to £25 (!) and I got it from Oli and Nic in Canterbury last year.
I was in two minds about buying the lippy - I've heard good things about Kate Moss for Rimmel (my sister raves about a red shade) but I've never worn very dark lipstick before and there were no testers. It is incredible creamy and smooth, smell lovely and has good coverage, but I guess I need to get used to it! For now I wore it with a red over the top and it turned into a very deep plummy red. Naaaaice.

I picked up a few things in town (of course, this is me):


I got this painting of Marilyn Monroe, Humphrey Bogart, James Dean and Elvis Presley for £10. It's such an odd bunch of people to have in one photo - they're not exactly the Rat Pack, you know? But I'm a HUGE Jimmy Dean fan, and I adore the others so it was necessary.

And guys, don't judge me on this one:


Yes. I bought a Jedward sweatshirt. It was like £4.50 and I love them so I regret nothing.

So the film I saw today was Shame, directed by Steve McQueen, starring Michael Fassbender and Carey Mulligan. 
A very intense, wonderfully shot film. Though I'm not surprised it didn't get ANY Oscar nominations (I mean I love The Oscars but they're a bit of a sham really), I feel it should have been nominated for Directing, Cinematography and Lead Actor. Carey Mulligan was also FABULOUS. Has anyone seen it? Thoughts? A few stills from the film (just look at the framing - glorious!)






And finally to round off this ridiculously long post, HELLO DERR to my newest followers!! I'm a couple off 50 and I'm actually very happy to have all of you running around in my junkyard! I'm thinking of doing a giveaway when I get to 50... do people do giveaways when they get to 50? I'm just so damn excited, y'all.

BYE!

Drea xoxo

32 comments:

  1. Jed and wood look quit hot. Yeah I said it. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute outfit...love the fur vest!

    ~Tea

    www.tea-leigh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for your sweet comment at my blog,Drea..
    love your outfit in this post. I am your new follower,mind to follow each others? ^^

    have a nice day,
    -Riski
    http://riskinovianti.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your outfit.
    http://xtheperfectmess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE this combination!!
    That dress is gorgeous with the stripes & wee peter pan collar, your cardi is such a nice colour and that faux fur vest is AMAZING!!

    Thanks for your comment, just became a follower xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the colours in this outfit! So well put together :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, I love this outfit. That dress is so great and you'll be able to style it so many different ways! & I will have to see that movie, because I adore Carey Mulligan. She's gorgeous and an amazing actress. Thanks for the tip!
    ps--I'm hosting my first giveaway, come see!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You can totally pull off the fur vest. I like how you styled everything!
    I love your blog! Would you like to follow each other?
    http://dallasdivadiaries.com
    Take care and keep in touch!
    XOXO
    Janie
    dallasdivadiaries.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a great post girl. LOVE LOVE your look!
    stylishedforever.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. lovely striped dress!

    x

    www.fashiontnt.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. nice post
    http://fafafoomfarah.blogspot.com/ xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this dress, the collar is so cute and the colour of the cardigan compliments it really well. Such a cute name for your blog by the way! x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like a good movie! I'm going to add it to my list. You have beautiful lips, the lipstick shade you created is amazing! And I love this post altogether - such a good recap of your adventures.

    http://houseofguise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. i love the dress so much! is it still in topshop?


    www.champagnediamondx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Lovely!
    Check out my blog , there is an award for you :D

    xoxo ❀✿ Daisy ✿❀
    http://daisylva1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the peter pan collar!

    www.constance-victoria.blogspot.com

    x

    ReplyDelete
  17. you look great! love the red with the stripes!

    ReplyDelete
  18. this dress is so cute with the collar!

    bisous,
    mia

    HEYLILAHEY

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous outfit! OMG I LOVE JEDWARD!!! Where is your jumper from I love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ohhhh I really feel like watching this film after looking at the pictures.. Only saw a part of the trailer and didn't really understand the story out of those fragments so will have to take a look at that hah!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This outfit is awesome. I love the striped dress with your adorable red cardigan.

    ReplyDelete
  22. loveee this outfit!
    xx

    www.citylaundry.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Cute dress! I love stripes :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the look, and oh my. Jedward. I must admit I have a serious guilty pleasure for them! Great jumper! X

    ReplyDelete