Wednesday, 18 January 2012

Inspirations: Chloe Sevingny




Chloe's collaboration with Opening Ceremony

I adore Chloe Sevigny. As crazy as this sounds, there is literally nothing I dislike about her and her style. What I love so much about her is her dedication to both fashion and film (yeah, I'm a film student - can you tell?!) It's as if each filmmaker hand picks her for their role and when she's not designing wardrobe herself (Gummo) she seems to attract these characters with quirky, mannish, motifs. Most of my favourite women have an androgyny about them - an androgyny that's grounded in femininity. [see Alison Mosshart]. 

Her wardrobe: shift dresses, boxy over sized jackets, leather leather leather!
Where to find her: Hanging out in Greenwich village or the East Village, Manhattan.
Who she's with: New York hipster elite Lesley Arfin and Leigh Lezark. Or a beautiful bearded man on her arm.

Soft colours and fabric, but with her distinctive straight lines shape.


Boxy jacket and bare legs - Chloe loves denim and black boots!

Chloe designing for Opening Ceremony - A lot of her collections influenced by fetishism, S&M, latex, leather.

Most recent collection for Opening Ceremony - the leather suspender's inspipred ra-ra skirt.
Opening Ceremony. Leather bloomers!

Chloe's been rocking the granny-chic for a while now! (bonus points for spotting the Baldwin in the picture!) 


 Chloe's East village apartment. More pictures here.

Films
Chloe in Kids, 1995. Her film debut, 90's tomboy teen.

Chloe in Boy's Don't Cry, 1999. Academy award nominted. Small town chic.

Chloe in Gummo, 1997 (centre). Fashion designer on this picture. Bleached out nihilism.

13 comments:

  1. love her!
    she's such a cool girl, isn't she?
    I'd just love to know her.. she's so badass

    ReplyDelete
  2. love her style!


    xoxo from rome
    K.
    http://kcomekarolina.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore her style too! Brilliant post xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I just discovered your blog and am now following, please check out mine and follow if you like it :-)

    Www.allthingbeautymake-upandshopping.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is just a constant source of inspiration! I've never seen any of her films, but I assume they're pretty great! I love how she looks like a realistic woman. She's not stick thin. Her collection for opening ceremony is so lovely! That skirt is raaaaaad! Thank you for sharing! I might just have t watch one of these films ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally love her! Great inspirational choice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the black and red skirt! =)

    pinkchampagnefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love her!! such a beaut xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really really love her style and these films , too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello! I just found your blog and I think it's AMAZING! The pics are great and I can see that You really like what you do here! I love people with great ideas, like you!
    Your blog is inspiring! I will follow you!
    xoxo

    http://nikandpic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. im obsessed with her too, her style is PERFECTION.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Chloe is fabolous, so inspiring

    ReplyDelete
  13. i love her style sooo much its amazing :) she is gorgeous xx poppymale.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete