Wednesday, 28 December 2011

Ghost World.



So I watched Ghost World the other day, and it's actually quite impressive. At first I was a bit nonplussed, but the writers definitely captured the teen voice so perfectly. After 10 minutes I could list off people who reminded me of Enid and Rebecca, that "hey let's follow this guy around" and "we're too cool to care about anything but let's spend time and effort to play a prank on a stranger."
Plus there was plenty to look at: the set, costume design, and I loved the lighting. I always find that films based on comics pay special attention to colour and set.
Enid's style is kinda punk-grunge-riot grrrl-nerd. I love her leopard print mini skrt, green plaid dress and little black blouse with white collar.
Oh, and Steve Buscemi is the MAN.










The Original Comic
Ghost World, 2001, dir: Terry Zwigoff, starring Thora Birch, Scarlett Johansson, Steve Buscemi, Brad Renfro.

No comments:

Post a Comment